[Mayan EDMS: 2234] How to migrate from postgres (2.1) to docker sqllite(2.7)?
'LinuxMachine 2016' via Mayan EDMS
2017-12-29 18:44:43 UTC
Hello fellow Mayan users,

I would like to upgrade my mayan instance from 2.1 to 2.7.

I used the advanced deployment method with 2.1. with the postgress database
and the python wirtualenv and all that.

However i seem i can not upgrade to the 2.7 version.

There are multiple errors with the advaned deployment i had to fix and my
old database with the data is not loaded.

So to make things easier for me in the future i would like to upgrade my
2.1 advanced deployment to the 2.7 docker image.

I got the docker image running on its own but not on with my data.

Biggest Problem for me i right now how to convert the prostgres database to
sqllite. I get errors left and right here....

I tried to follow these
guides: https://yuji.wordpress.com/2011/05/25/postgresql-sqlite-django-migrating-postgresql-to-sqlite3-with-pg_dump/
and http://manuelvanrijn.nl/blog/2012/01/18/convert-postgresql-to-sqlite/

But it does not seem to have worked.

Now. my Questions:

1. How do i sucessfully switch over from postgress to sqllite database and
migrate the data ?
2. Can i just copy my old settings folder and the document_storage folder
in media to the docker data location?

Anything else i should be aware of ?

@Roberto i hope the hurrican aftermach is not so gruseome anymore and you
are well.

Thanks for tipps and help :-)

Manuel
--
---
Michael Price
2018-03-23 06:11:51 UTC
It is not possible to do a direct copy of data between different database.
There are whole markets for the problem of database migration and
synchronization.
The best bet would be to dump the database but not using the database tool.
Django provides a command that dumps the database in YAML or JSON (I
think). The I would be a matter of creating the new empty database and
reloading the dumped data.

https://coderwall.com/p/mvsoyg/django-dumpdata-and-loaddata